Interactive Compliance Tool

QUESTION 1 of 10

Will the building be a single house?

Question guidance

This question is specifically relevant to buildings in Scotland – however, please answer it whatever country the building is in.

House means a dwelling on one or more storeys, either detached or forming part of a building from all other parts of which it is divided only vertically.



Additional Guidance

The regional regulatory guidance that is referred to in this tool can be found here:
England       Wales      Northern Ireland      Scotland

Note 1: Please note that some of the images reproduced here have been cropped and repositioned so as to more easily fit on screen. Consequently, they may appear marginally different to that found in the documents linked to above, from which they were obtained.

Note 2: The regulations for England, Wales and Scotland each comprise two distinct documents, Volume 1 - covering domestic buildings and Volume 2 - covering non-domestic buildings. The extracts reproduced here have been taken from the Volume 2 documents and the section numbers may vary from the equivalent sections in Volume 1.